Cases created through embedded service chat is not creating with case record type defined on the embedded service prechat settings
Last updated 2021-05-26 ·Reference W-8615226 ·Reported By 7 users
When using Embedded Service chat with Channel Menu, Case Record Type is not reflecting the Record Type defined on the embedded service pre-chat settings. Instead, the case record type is taken from the case owner Profile Case default record type.
This is working fine when using embedded service deployment without the channel menu.
Actual Result: Case Record Type defaults to case owner profile's record type when using Embedded Service chat with Channel Menu in Communities.
Expected Result: Case Record Type should default from embedded service pre-chat settings when using Embedded Service chat with Channel Menu in Communities.
Please note that Predefined fields will display as blank if using the channel menu and embedded service widget.
1. Create 2 record types on the Case Object
2. Assign Case default Record Type A to the Agent Profile
3. Create a simple chat button and deployment
4. Create an embedded service deployment and on the embedded service pre chat settings that link chats with cases and associate the NON-default record type created above for the Case object
5. Create a Channel Menu and associate the embedded service chat.
6. Create a community and add the Channel Menu
7. Go online in Omni as the Agent
8. Initiate a chat from the community
9. Accept the chat
10. We can see that the case will be created with the record type (from the case owner Profile Case default record type), instead of the one defined in the Embedded service pre-chat settings.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.