Marketing Users are able to add campaign members without Edit permissions on Lead and contacts
Last updated 2022-02-15 ·Reference W-8195767 ·Reported By 0 users
A non admin user with only READ permission on the Lead object is able to add the leads as campaign members. This goes against current documentation. Per current documentation documentation, a user must have:
Edit on campaigns AND Edit on leads and contacts AND Marketing User checked in the user information
1. Clone the Standard User Profile
2. Edit the new profile to remove Edit perm from Lead. Make sure Lead object has only READ perm.
3. Grant a user "Marketing User" permission and assign the new Profile created in Step 1
4. Create a sample Lead and Campaign record.
5. Navigate to Campaign record and Campaign members related list.
6. Add the Lead to the Campaign and that works just fine when it should not allow the lead to be added to the campaign.
7. If you navigate to lead to add to a campaign, the Add to campaign button is not available which is the right behavior.
None at this time.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.