Exporting Responses fail when there are 1000+ questions/question Choices or 1000+ responses
Last updated 2020-12-02 ·Reference W-8223946 ·Reported By 2 users
When exporting responses that have 1000+ questions/question Choices or exporting a Survey with 1000+ responses, there is a notification "The responses will be sent to “firstname.lastname@example.org” however no email is received
1) Create a Survey with either 1000 plus questions OR a survey with 100 plus questions having 1000 plus question choices in total
2) Activate it and take a survey.
3) Go to the Survey record and click "Open latest version"
4) Click the "Analyze" radio button
5) Click "Export Responses"
6) Do not select a value in the 'Associated Object'
7) Click 'Send Email'
Or, try to export a survey which has 1000 plus responses, then also it would fail.
Result: There is a notification:
"The responses will be sent to “email@example.com” however no email is received
Note: The reason why choosing an associated object may work (send an email) is because there may not be any survey data associated to the object selected. The email may be sent but the attachment from the export will have 0 rows.
1. Export the Survey Responses using API tools like Workbench
2. Use Reports to analyze/export the data
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.