If Knowledge entity does not use the default Knowledge__kav API name, LEX global search does not include Knowledge entity as part of the Top Results
Last updated 6 days ago ·Reference W-8121843 ·Reported By 5 users
In https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p4V000001JiRBQA0, an issue was fixed where LEX global search will not include Knowledge entity as part of the top results searched entities. However, the known issue still exists for customers whose Knowledge entity does not use the default Knowledge__kav API name.
Similar to the original known issue, the issue will temporarily be resolved if the user performs a scoped search for Knowledge, which will add Knowledge as part of the user's search scope until the user logs out.
1. Enable Lightning Knowledge.
2. Have Knowledge be part of the user's smart scope.
3. In Setup -> Object Manager -> Knowledge -> Details -> Edit button, modify the API name to not be default
4. In Lightnig Platform, perform a global search for a Knowledge record.
1. Perform a scoped search for Knowledge in the search bar and then switch to all (global) search in the search bar. Knowledge should now be part of the scope until the user logs out.
2. Use Classic UI.
3. Restore Knowledge entity's default API name: Knowledge__kav
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.