Lightning Global search with Advance search filters for knowledge does not fetch correct results
Last updated 2020-12-02 ·Reference W-8016490 ·Reported By 14 users
While searching for Knowledge Articles using the filters applied using Advance search, the filters are not honored. After the results are fetched and re-applying the filters again in Advance search, the results are fetched according to filters applied.
Setup Knowledge with Data category:
1) Go to Knowledge settings in setup and enable Lightning Knowledge
2) Go to Data Category setup and create a Data Category.
3) After adding Region category, it will be shown in Right panel. Add Asia and Europe under all.
4) After adding Asia and Europe, click on Save.
5) Active the Region Category by clicking on Key icon present in Right corner of Column containing Region category.
6) Go to Default Data Category Visibility in setup and edit Region Category to set visibility to All Categories.
7) Create a Knowledge Article with name Search test
8) After the article is created, from record home, click on edit in Drop down of Categories present in Right side.In Edit Article Categories, expand Region category and select Europe and save.
9) Now go to knowledge List view and select Draft articles. select the Search test article and click on Publish action. in Publish Article modal, click on Publish
Search with Global search.
1) Go to Global search and select Knowledge from search scope.
2) Type Search test in search box and go to Advance search and select All > Asia in Region Filter and hit enter. The Article 'Search test' will be shown in results even though it has Region category added as Europe
3) Now after the search results are fetched, go to selected filters in Advance search and select the All > Asia in Region filter again and click enter. Notice that Article 'Search test' will not be shown in Results as expected.
After searching for first time, re-apply the filter again and results will be fetched as per filters.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.