All Tabs (Accounts, Opportunities, etc.) Disappear When Copy/Pasting Report URL in Chrome
Last updated 2021-05-26 ·Reference W-8384208 ·Reported By 16 users
Copying the link to some reports, and then pasting that link into the URL bar and pressing enter will take users to that report, but all the navigation tabs (such as Home, Accounts, Opportunities, etc.) will all quickly disappear.
The only remaining tab will be the report tab. Closing this tab, you will see the nav bar say "No Items" and you will be presented with an internal server error.
This isn't reliably reproducible from scratch. Once you have an affected report, however, this becomes 100% reproducible for all users.
1) Create a report and save it in a public folder
2) In lightning, copy the URL of the report
3) Navigate to the standard lightning "Sales" app
4) On the home page (or any page), paste the link to the report you copied in step 2, then press enter
5) This will take you to the report, but all tabs will be missing
Navigate to the report via standard navigation (click the reports tab, find the report, and open it).
Alternatively, enable secure data caching.
1. From Setup, enter "Session" in the Quick Find box, and then select "Session Settings".
2. Select the checkbox for “Enable secure and persistent browser caching to improve performance”.
3. Click Save.
11/12/2020: Updated reference
11/13/2020: Added alternative workaround
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.