Lightning global search does not include Knowledge entity as part of the top results searched
Last updated 2020-09-24 ·Reference W-7979192 ·Reported By 65 users
After some update in Summer 20 Patch, global search does not include Knowledge entity as part of the top results searched entities.
1. Enable Lightning Knowledge.
2. Have Knowledge be part of the user's smart scope.
3. Load the Lightning Salesforce app.
4. In Lightnig Platform, perform a global search for a Knowledge record.
Result: Knowledge entity will not be part of the searched entities.
1. From the global search bar, switch the scope to "Knowledge" object and perform the search again. Knowledge record will be found.
2. From the global search bar, switch the scope back to "all" and perform the search again. Knowledge will now be part of the searched entities.
NOTE:This workaround will not work once you Logout and login after or just go to the home page and do a hard page refresh. Perform a global search again and Knowledge entity is no longer part of the searched entities.
For customer who are still experiencing this issue, please review this new KI:
"If Knowledge entity does not use the default Knowledge__kav API name, LEX global search does not include Knowledge entity as part of the top results"
Reported By (65)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.