Inline Edit of custom Date Field in Forecast Results in Error
Last updated 2021-02-16 ·Reference W-7931850 ·Reported By 7 users
Adding a custom date field to a forecast, and then inline editing that field from the forecast, results in an error:
Can't save records with errors. Item 1 has errors in these fields:
[Date field]: value not of required type: [YYYY-MM-DD]
Standard Close Date field functions without issue
1) Create a custom field on Opportunity.
2) From setup->forecast settings add the newly created custom field to the selected column list to display.
3) Create an oppty with required fields.
4) Navigate to Forecasts tab.
5) Try inline editing the custom date field and note the error upon saving.
Note: Editing the standard close date field does not result in an error.
Navigate to the Opportunity itself to make the required edits.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.