Community chatter email notification link to Group directs to "Invalid Page" instead of login page
Last updated 2021-01-14 ·Reference W-8489187 ·Reported By 1 users
If a community user is not authenticated into a Community and they receive a Chatter Post email notification for a feed post in a Community Group, clicking the link contained in the email for the Chatter Group will direct the user to an error page, "Invalid Page" instead of the Community's login page.
Enable and Setup a Community.
In the Builder,
A) Edit the Navigation Menu and Add Menu Item with the following attributes:
Type: Salesforce Object
Object Type: Group
Default List View: My Groups
B) In Settings, select the "Public can access the community" for the Public Access preference.
3. Publish and Activate your Community with the new changes and then navigate into the Community and open Groups navigation menu item and create a new Chatter Group with the following attributes:
Name: Private Community Chatter Group
Access Type: Private
4.Navigate to Setup internally and create a second User with the System Administrator profile using your email address
5. Navigate into the Community as the new user with your email address and add yourself as a member of the Chatter Group and set Notification preferences to "Every Post"
6. Log back into the community as the original Admin User
7. Navigate into the Community go to Private Chatter Group and create an Announcement.
8. You should receive an email about the post. Log out of all the session and click on the Private Chatter Group link from email notification
Actual Results: Clicking the link results in an Invalid Page error.
Expected Results: Users would be directed to the Community login page instead of an error page.
Instruct users to login to the community when they receive the "Invalid Page" error and then attempt to navigate to the link once again.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.