Lightning Dialer Logging Call Without Relating to Record
Last updated 2021-07-08 ·Reference W-9505123 ·Reported By 6 users
When using Lighting Dialer from a custom object's phone field, the Log a Call task is not automatically attached to the record.
1. Set up Lightning Dialer per documented steps
2. Create a custom object
3. Create a custom Phone field
4. Create a new record with a valid US / Canada phone number
5. Click the Phone hyperlink on the record to Dial
6. Ensure the Auto-Log box is checked
7. End Call
Do not use the Auto-Log checkbox. This will ensure the window to Log a Call pops up, and the Related To field can be populated with the Custom Object's record manually.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.