Pound symbol is not rendering properly via Automation import activity.
Last updated 2022-05-20 ·Reference W-10781912 ·Reported By 0 users
File drop automation does not respect configured encoding when file naming patterns include substitution strings such as ％％FILENAME_FROM_TRIGGER%% and %%BASEFILENAME_FROM_TRIGGER%%. This will not happen when specifying the exact file name or performing a manual import. As a result, garbled data is imported to the Data extension.
1. Create a file and save the file as ISO-8859-1 using data like below.
2. Create a data extension with 2 fields Key and Data both text 50.
3. Create an import definition with the following configuration.
File Naming Pattern: %%BASEFILENAME_FROM_TRIGGER%%.csv
Date Format: English (United States)
File Encoding: Western European – iso-8859-1
4. Place import in a file drop automation
5. Drop file and run automation
Use Manual Import.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.