List - Search - Escaping in search in listviews with complex SOQL queries
Last updated 2020-12-14 ·Reference W-8515632 ·Reported By 1 users
In list views that have a combination of several conditions (e.g., AND, NOT, etc.), escaping of the generated SOQL query.
1) Login to Salesforce and switch to Lightning Experience.
2) Go to "Accounts" tab and clikcn "New".
3) Set the name including the "Apostrophe" to the "Account Name" and click "Save".
4) Go to "Contacts" tab and click "New".
5) Set any name as the contact's Last name, set the account with the name including the "Apostrophe" as the Account Name, and click "Save".
6) Go to "Contacts" tab and click gear icon ("List view Controls") and select "New".
7) Set any name to "List Name" and "List API Name" and click "Save".
8) Click the "Filters" icon in the created list view, and click "Add Filter" Link.
9) Use "does no contain" to set the following filter to exclude records that have apostrophes in their names then click "Done".
Filed : Account Name
Operator : does not contain
Value : ※A character string containing an apostrophe
10) Click "Save".
11) Make sure that records with apostrophes in the account name are excluded, and set keywords in the list view search.
12) The excluded records are displayed in the search results.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.