CMS Collection based on Record List View does not load translation for Record Type Name field
Last updated 2020-12-22 ·Reference W-8288016 ·Reported By 3 users
CMS Collection based on Record List View does not load translation for nested fields such as RecordType.Name
1. Sign up for a new org.
2. Sign up a new Community.
3. Navigate to Setup -> Support Processes and create a new process.
4. Navigate to Setup -> Object Manager -> Case and create two Record Types for the process created in last step. Use distinct names for both record types.
5. Navigate to Setup -> Object Manager -> Case -> Page Layout, add Record Type field to Case Page Layout.
6. Navigate to Setup -> Translation Workbench -> Enable Workbench
a. Add Users and Languages (German) in Setup -> Translation Settings.
b. Navigate to Translate and add Translation for Record Types,
i. Language : German
ii. Setup Component : Record Type
iii. Object : Case
iv. Aspect : Field Label
c. While on the Translate screen, add translation for one of the Picklist on Case object, e.g. Status.
7. Navigate to Cases and create two records or use existing records. Change the Record Type to those created in earlier steps.
8. Navigate to Cases and create a new List View or use an existing List View. Add Status and Case Record Type fields to the List View. Ensure that List View loads at least one Case record created in last step.
9. Navigate to Salesforce CMS, create a new Workspace. Use Community created in earlier steps as one of the Channels.
10 .Navigate to Setup -> All Communities -> Builder.
11. Drag and drop CMS Collection component on to one of the pages.
12. Generate CRM data based Collection
a. Click on Content Management in the dropdown menu
b. Navigate to Salesforce CRM -> Content. Add CRM Connection for the SObject Case.
c. Navigate to Collections. Create new Collection based on Case, select the List View created in earlier steps.
d. Save and navigate back to Builder.
13. In builder, select the CMS Collection component. Click on Add Collection in the hover menu (top right).
14. Select Content Layout -> Field Mappings and set Flag field as "Record Type".
15. Add Deutsch as a language to the Community
16. Publish the Community.
17. Navigate to the Community portal, suffix query parameter ?language=de so that Community loads translated data/text.
18. Observe that Case Record Type field translation does not load.
None at this point in time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.