Consent Status of Messaging End User records are automatically updating to Opted Out
Last updated 16 days ago ·Reference W-7747804 ·Reported By 8 users
Messaging End User records whose Consent Status is set to "Implicitly Opted In" or "Explicitly Opted In" automatically changes to "Opted Out" when that Messaging End User replies to an Agent Initiated outbound messaging session.
1. Set up an org with Omni-Channel and Messaging enabled
2. Create an SMS Messaging Channel and configure it to use Queue-Based Routing
3. Create an agent that can receive Messaging Sessions from the assigned Omni-Channel queue
4. Log the agent in and set their presence status to one that is available for Messaging
5. From a mobile phone, send a text message to the SMS messaging channel phone number
6. As the agent accept the incoming messaging session from the Omni-Channel widget
7. Click the End Conversation button on the active messaging session conversation and close out of the console tab.
8. Lookup the Messaging User record that was created from the inbound initiated text and verify the Consent Status field is set to "Implicitly Opted In"
9. Click the Start Conversation button on the Messaging User record and send a message in the conversation window. Verify the Consent Status field is still set to "Implicitly Opted In"
10. From the mobile phone, respond back to the message that was received
11. The new message will come through as a new session in the Omni-Channel widget.
12. As the agent accept this incoming routed messaging session.
13. At this point the Consent Status of the Messaging User record is changed to "Opted Out"
No workaround verified at this time
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.