taxclassId set on master product not inherited to its variation products
Last updated 2020-06-25 ·Reference W-7735127 ·Reported By 6 users
Fixed in version 20.6 GA Update
Tax class id is not getting inherited from the master style down to the variant.
Example Products used.
1. Go to Merchant Tools > Ordering > Taxation Settings - Tax Classes
2. Create a new tax class id ‘testTaxClass’ and give the name.
3. Go to Merchant Tools > Ordering > Taxation Settings - Tax Rates
4. Assign 0.000 for taxclassId ‘testTaxClass’ to all locales and click apply
5. Go to Merchant Tools > Products and Catalogs > Products > 25050736 - General
6. Assign TaxClassId newly created ‘testTaxClass’.
7. Go to its variation product Merchant Tools > Products and Catalogs > Products > 008884303996 - General
8. Remove the taxclassId and set it as undefined.
9. Rebuild the search product indexes.
10. Go to storefront and add the 008884303996 and check taxes applied
Taxes are applied although it was set as 0.000 at its master product level
TaxclassId ‘testTaxClass’ should get applied from master product.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.