In LEX, duplicate records are created if internet connection is disrupted before clicking Save.
Last updated 16 days ago ·Reference W-7731990 ·Reported By 6 users
When a user starts creating a record in Lightning Experience, and is experiencing an internet disruption at the time they click Save, we show a message "Check your Internet connection and try again", with a "Try Again" button.
Clicking that "Try Again" button once connection is restored clears the message and the user sees the New Record page again, and can click Save on that page.
The problem: In this scenario we actually create the record twice, once when "Try Again" is clicked, and then again when "Save" is clicked.
1) In Lightning Experience
2) Go to any Object -- Say Account -- and start creating a record. Fill in all required fields on the New Record page, but do not Save yet.
3) Before clicking Save, disconnect from internet to simulate a network disruption
4) Click Save. Receive the message "Check your Internet connection and try again".
5) Reconnect internet
6) Once connection is re-established, click "Try Again"
-- The message is dismissed and the save is retried. Assuming no errors, the record is successfully saved at this point. However:
--- No message says a record was created.
--- And the New Record page stays open (giving appearance that the user still needs to click save to save the record).
7) Click Save on the New Record screen
-- A second copy of the record you were trying to make is created.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.