Approaching discounts should not appear when order or shipment is already maximally discounted
Last updated 2021-05-20 ·Reference W-9162864 ·Reported By 2 users
When an order level or shipping level promotion is applied to the cart, then the approaching discount message for the second promotion does not take into consideration on the promotion thats already applied to the cart. Resulting in presenting the approaching promotion message for the second promotion to shoppers on the storefront cart page. However, the expected behavior is not to present the approaching promotion message for the second promotion.
When two Promotions have been created with the same class "Shipping" with Exclusivity of first promotion as "No" and Exclusivity of second promotion as "CLASS" or "GLOBAL" .
While adding the qualifying products of first promotion (Exclusivity - "No") to the cart, will trigger approaching promotion message and also promotion gets applied when the threshold amount is reached
However, the approaching promotion is still showing up when the qualifying products from second promotion (Exclusivity - "CLASS" or "GLOBAL") are added to the cart.
1) Create a Free Shipping Promotion "Promo 1" with Exclusivity - Global and enable "Return as Approaching Promotion" option with a threshold amount.
2) Create another Free Shipping Promotion "Promo 2" with any Exclusivity ("CLASS" or "GLOBAL") and enable "Return as Approaching Promotion" option with a threshold amount.
3) Add qualifying products from "Promo 1" to the cart and you will notice that "Promo 1" gets applied to the cart successfully.
4) Now try adding qualifying products for Promo 2.
5) We will notice that the approaching discounts still shows up for Promo2. However, based on the Promotion config the approaching discounts should not show up.
Customize your code with the class https://documentation.b2c.commercecloud.salesforce.com/DOC1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.demandware.dochelp%2FDWAPI%2Fscriptapi%2Fhtml%2Fapi%2Fclass_dw_campaign_ApproachingDiscount.html and the required api method to show the correct approaching discount message on the storefront.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.