Tableau CRM Dashboards - Widget-level "Open Salesforce Record" actions are not using the Display Fields from actions configured in dataset XMD
Last updated 2021-05-03 ·Reference W-9113745 ·Reported By 3 users
A known issue is causing "Open Salesforce Record" actions on a dashboard to ignore the Display Fields (used for grain-level record disambiguation) if they're configured in the dataset's Actions.
Instead of displaying the dataset-defined Display Fields, the "Which record do you want to use?" dialog will display the record Id field.
1. Configure an "Open Salesforce Record" on a field in a dataset. Specify "Display Fields" in the Action settings.
2. On a dashboard, create a chart or table grouped on the field where the "Open Salesforce Record" has been configured.
3. Save the dashboard, view it, and refresh the page.
4. In the chart or table, find a non-unique grouping value (one that has multiple rows and will trigger the "Which record do you want to use?" disambiguation screen. Click the action dropdown on that value and choose "Open Salesforce Record".
6. Note that the RecordId field is displayed instead of the Display Fields selected in the dataset's action.
To workaround this issue, configured the Open Salesforce Record action at chart or table level in the dashboard.
Follow the steps here to configure actions from a table: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sf.bi_dashboards_actions_configure.htm&type=5
1. Add the recordId and display fields to the table.
2. Select "Configure Actions" on the grouped field and define the Open Salesforce Record action using the recordId field and the display fields.
3. Update the change.
4. Save the dashboard.
5. Refresh the dashboard to confirm.
NOTE: Once the action is configured on the chart or table, you can hide or remove the record id and display fields from the widget in the dashboard.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.