Reset Period on Import criteria for Data Extension Retention Policies are not being honored
Last updated 2021-03-08 ·Reference W-8963448 ·Reported By 1 users
When setting a Retention Policy on a Data Extension that includes deleting All Records and adding a timeframe with the option to "Reset period on import", the Retain Until date is not changing after importing new records. This is causing the data to be cleared sooner than expected.
1) Create a data extension with data retention enabled
2) Set to clear all records after 2 days and check the box to "Reset on Import"
3) Import at least one row of data into the data extension
4) Wait one day and import into the DE again (overwrite new data)
5) The retention date will then not reset and it will clear data on original date
Reported By (1)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.