Knowledge redirect in Digital Experience Sites (Community) after lightning knowledge migration is not consistent for URLs with 15 and 18 digit Ids
Last updated 2021-05-26 ·Reference W-8848077 ·Reported By 1 users
After performing a Lightning Knowledge Migration links to classic knowledge articles that contain the 15 digit article Id properly redirect and open the new post migration lightning knowledge article when accessed in the context of a community however, a link to the same article that contains the 18 digit article Id does not properly redirect to the lightning knowledge article view.
- In an org with Classic Knowledge, Build Your Knowledge Base in Salesforce Classic using multiple article types.
- Create several test articles across various article types.
- Implement a Experience Cloud (Community) via Set Up and Manage Experience Cloud Sites and Enable Salesforce Knowledge in Your Experience Cloud Site
- Migrate Your Classic Knowledge Base to Lightning Knowledge
1. Navigate into the Digital Experiences Site.
2. Paste the pre-migration classic knowledge article URL variations containing a 15 and 18 digit article Id in the Community.
Actual Results: The 15 digit Id successfully redirects to the appropriate new migrated Knowledge Article in Lightning as expected however, attempting to access the link containing the 18 digit Id directs to a Classic Article view in the community which causes confusion and a poor user experience.
Expected Results: The community user would be consistently re-directed to the new lightning knowledge article view when using both Id variations.
None, outside of updating affected article URLs containing an 18 digit Id to a 15 digit Id.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.