Vertical tab inside of a link name/alias will prevent link details from being created in Salesforce for Marketing Cloud Connect send.
Last updated 2021-01-22 ·Reference W-8766427 ·Reported By 0 users
When using a vertical tab in the alias (link name) of a link in a Content Builder email, and using that email for a Marketing Cloud Connect integrated send, Aggregate Link details for this link and other links in the email send will not be pushed back to Salesforce and their IERs.
1) In an integrated Marketing Cloud account, create a content builder email.
2) Include a link and add a vertical tab into the alias of the hyperlink. Below is an example:
<a href="https://www.salesforce.com" alias="test | test" conversion="false">vertical tab test</a>
3) Include “Track Email Opens” into the HTML along with other links that can be clicked without a vertical tab.
4) In Salesforce, create a send using this email. It will need to be sent to email addresses that you have access to so you can create click data.
5) When you receive the email, click on the link with the vertical tab in the alias. Also, click other links to create other click data.
6) Wait for the next tracking data push or click the “Request Tracking Immediately” button shortly after clicking on those links.
7) Aggregate Link information will fail to push back to Salesforce for the send.
Do not use vertical tabs in an alias for links in Content Builder emails.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.