Unable to save Data Loader field mapping sdl file on Mac OS 10.5 Catalina
Last updated 2021-04-15 ·Reference W-8592811 ·Reported By 8 users
Using Data Loader on MacOS 10.15 Catalina and selecting to "Create or Edit a Map" on Step 3: Mapping for any Data Loader operation (i.e. Insert), saving a new SDL mapping file, and then selecting to "Save Mapping" once again and attempting to re-save the file or create a new renamed mapping file causes the Data Loader to crash and become unresponsive.
Command prompt for the Data Loader application shows the following error.
[NSSavePanel observeValueForKeyPath:ofObject:change:context:] caught non-fatal NSInternalInconsistencyException 'ROSP: sandbox extension failure: nil result or wrong class type ((null)) for enumerated URL (file:///Users/justin.barker/Documents/PropertyBase/Migration/Betterhomes/Listing%20Mapping.sdl, /Users/justin.barker/Documents/PropertyBase/Migration/Betterhomes/Listing Mapping.sdl)!' with backtrace (
0 CoreFoundation 0x00007fff34051b57 __exceptionPreprocess + 250
1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x00007fff6ce9d5bf objc_exception_throw + 48
The issue doesn't occur on MacOS 10.14 Mojave or 11 Big Sur.
1. Download and install the latest version of Data Loader on a Mac running on MacOS 10.15.
2. Create a new simple CSV file with 1 column: Name and one row with the value of: Test
3. Open Data Loader, login, choose Insert and select the Account object, choose the CSV from the prior step and click Next >
4. Select to "Create or Edit a Map" and "Auto-Match Fields to Columns" and ensure the Name column is mapped to the Account Name field and then Save Mapping to create a new sdl mapping file.
5. After you've saved the sdl file, click "Save Mapping" once again and try to resave or rename the sdl file you created in the prior step.
Actual Results: The Data Loader application crashes and become unresponsive. Users need to force quit to close the Save panel and application to restart it.
Expand the save dialog or file picker window to expose white space below the current folder's list of files and click into the blank space to ensure no file is selected before saving or re-saving the mapping file.
Or leverage MacOS 10.14 Mojave or 11 Big Sur.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.