Internal Server Error shown when trying to add a Knowledge criteria-based sharing rule in an org that has External Sharing Model enabled (-2017018868)
Last updated 12 days ago ·Reference W-8391250 ·Reported By 5 users
When trying to set up an outbound change set and adding a criteria-based sharing rule for Knowledge, you receive an Internal Server Error if external sharing model is enabled. Trying to access the change set again also gives the same Internal Server Error
In an organization with Communities and Lightning Knowledge
1. Check Use standard Salesforce sharing in Knowledge Settings
2. Create a community and enable external sharing model in sharing settings
3. Create criteria-based sharing rule for Knowledge
4. Create an outbound changeset
5. Add the sharing rule created on step three to the changeset
You will need to create the sharing rules manually in the target org rather than adding them to a changeset
To be able to access the changeset again you will need to delete the sharing rules created for Knowledge
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.