[Tasks] - "Assigned To" field does not get populated and defaults to record owner when task is created via Mass Action
Last updated 2021-05-26 ·Reference W-8034500 ·Reported By 10 users
"Assigned To" field does not get populated and defaults to record owner when task is created via Mass Action.
A. Create a Mass Action and Button:
1) From the setup icon, access the setting screen.
2) Select "Account" from the object manager.
3) Click "Buttons, Links, and Actions" menu, and click [New Action] button.
4) Set as follows and click [Save] button.
Action Type：Create a Record
Target Object : Task
Label : Any, e.g. New Task
Name : Any, e.g. New_Task
B. Repro with Accounts:
1) Select "Account" from the object manager.
2) Click "Search Layouts for salesforce classic" menu, and edit [List View].
3) On [List View Actions in Lightning Experience] add [New Task] to [Selected Quick Actions].
4) Click [Save] button.
5) From the App Launcher, find and open [Account].
6) Switch to [All Accounts] List view and check two or more accounts.
7) Click the created action, and assign owner to someone other than the record creator.
8) Click [Save] button.
9) Click [OK] button on the popup dialog.
10)Access to the created task records and verify the records are assigned to the record creator.
Manually change Assigned To for each Task created via Mass Action.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.