Importing a value other than Active for a Suppression List results in no Subscribers added
Last updated 2020-08-19 ·Reference W-7929247 ·Reported By 2 users
When importing a list of Subscribers into a Suppression List, you will set the Status of the Subscriber, should you include a value in the file of something other than Active, the Import will show as successful in the Email Notification but no Subscribers will be added to your Suppression List.
- Create a Suppression List in your account
- Create a file that contains three columns; SubscriberKey, EmailAddress and Status
- Populate file with Subscriber Key, Email Address, and Status of Unsubscribe
- In your account go to Email Studio > Subscribers > Suppression Lists
- Import the file into the Suppression List
- Include your Email as a notification once it completes
- Review the Subscriber List Import Notification, results show subscriber(s) were inserted
- Review the Suppression List, subscriber(s) with Unsubscribe status are not on the list
This is technically functioning as designed, as you're required to import a Status of Active, but the Email Notification suggests the Import was successful, and records were inserted.
Ensure your file has the Status of 'Active' for each Subscriber
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.