Running reports in Analytics Builder displays 'ASP.NET session has expired or could not be found' error message
Last updated 2021-10-13 ·Reference W-4055135 ·Reported By 2 users
Running a report in Analytics Builder sometimes fails to complete with the following error showing on the UI:
"ASP.NET session has expired or could not be found"
A scenario where this has been seen to occur is when a report is run after switching business units.
1. Log into your Marketing Cloud account.
2. Change from your default business unit to another business unit in your account.
3. Open Analytics Builder > Reports.
4. Choose a report from the catalog (e.g. Email Send Reports, Contacts Counts etc) and click Create.
5. Press Submit to run the report. The error may show on the UI, instead of the report data.
If the error occurs on the UI, it has been observed that the Download button, which is available on the UI, will still output the expected report data.
Navigating back to the Catalog and re-creating the report, following the same steps can sometimes also result in the report completing without errors.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.