Facebook Reply Privately to Comment causes an extra Inbox Message to show in Social Studio
Last updated 2020-08-24 ·Reference W-7557849 ·Reported By 0 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Social March Release Patch 5.0
Upon reviewing Facebook Inbox Messages through your existing Social Account, it is possible to see an additional Received Inbox Message appear in your Engage Column or Analyze Dashboard/Workbench. When the "Reply Privately" feature is used to reply to a Facebook Comment in Social Studio Engage, Facebook returns an inbox message update that provides a link to the comment for convenience. This mirrors the functionality of the Facebook Inbox while tracking the inbox message conversation there as well.
This is a side effect of the planned Facebook Send API upgrade as explained here and we plan to implement a change immediately to filter these out from the Social Accounts: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000353040&type=1&mode=1
This is posted for awareness in the event one does save into the Social Account in error or unintentionally.
1. Your Facebook Social Account should be added or reauthorized since the August 2019 Social Studio Release.
2. Login to Social Studio, your workspace, Engage.
3. In your existing Engage Column with the Facebook Social Account, select an existing Facebook Comment to launch the Post Inspector to reply to the comment.
4. In the Post Inspector, select the Reply Privately action to send an inbox message to the comment. Select Post after typing out your message, to send.
5. Within a few minutes, you will see the actual private reply inbox message show in your Social Account and also another inbox message showing as an update with the following text and the post link:
"You are responding to a user comment to a post on your Page. View Comment."
None at this time, however, we are working to provide a seamless change to avoid these as much as possible.
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.