Sorted picklist value set becomes unsorted when packaged and installed.
Last updated 2021-10-12 ·Reference W-8789957 ·Reported By 3 users
Users are seeing that when they install a package with a picklist value set, the picklist values are not in alphabetical order even if "Display values alphabetically, not in the order entered" is ticked when the component was packaged.
The issue happens when "Enable Translation Language Settings" is enabled on the Setup page.
1. Create a global picklist value set with labels and API Names as in attached file.
2. Enable Translation Language Settings from in Setup for English language.
3. Sort the picklist value set using 'Reorder' button picklist details page.
4. Create an unmanaged package and add this picklist value set as a component.
5. Upload package and get the installation URL.
6. Login into different org and install the package.
7. Observe that the picklist value set will not be in alphabetical order.
Disable "Enable Translation Language Settings".
You can also go to Setup > Picklist value set > Picklist
then sort the picklist from there.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.