Internal Server Error when community user attempts to set a new password after password reset
Last updated 2021-10-12 ·Reference W-7653242 ·Reported By 0 users
Internal Server Error when Community user (Customer or Partner) attempts to set a new password during a password reset. This occurs when a sharing set is present on the User object that uses UserRole in the sharing set criteria.
1. Enable a Customer Community Plus user from a contact. Set the email address for the user as your own.
2. Create a new Lightning Community. Publish the community from builder.
3. Activate the Community.
4. Add the Profile as a member of the Community from Step 2.
5. From Setup go to Communities Settings.
6. Create a new sharing set adding the profile used for the user in Step 1.
7. Set the object as "User".
8. For the criteria use: User:Account = User:UserRole.PortalAccount
9. Reset the password for the Customer Community Plus user record.
10. Click on the link in the email and setup a new password.
11. After setting the password you will receive a message indicating an internal server error has occurred.
NOTE: This will also affect the external users ability to edit or create records when there is a lookup field on the User object and the field is populated when editing the record. They will receive the following error:
Invalid Type Exception: 00E (is not a valid iKeyPrefix input)
If this error is received the same workaround below should resolve the issue.
Update the Sharing Set so it does not use UserRole in the criteria.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.