File Transfer activity fails when decrypting file that was encrypted using the Marketing Cloud Public Key
Last updated 2021-10-12 ·Reference W-7271294 ·Reported By 7 users
When attempting to run an automation that utilizes the Marketing Cloud public key, the file transfer activity leveraging that key fails.
1. Create a test file
2. Use any PGP or GPG encryption software to encrypt the file using the MC Public Key
3. Upload encrypted file to MC SFTP site
4. Create a File Transfer Activity
5. Select "Manage File" under 'File Action'
6. Enter File Name of encrypted file and select desired 'Source File Location'
7. In 'File Management Actions' section check the 'Decrypt File' option
This issue often occurs due to the file being encrypted with the wrong public key or signed after encryption. The Automation Studio File Transfer activity currently only supports decrypting unsigned files that were encrypted with the Marketing Cloud Public Key.
Encrypted files must be decrypted first with a File Transfer activity before it can be imported with a File Import activity. Contact Support if you would like to decrypt files to the Safehouse location instead of SFTP for file Imports.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.