Inconsistent behavior while applying sharing rules to records owned by Automated Process User
Last updated 3 days ago ·Reference W-7238818 ·Reported By 10 users
When records are owned by Automated Process User, inconsistent behavior is seen while inserting shares with rowcause "rule". It depends on operation performed and the entity type.
For Case entity sharing rule, recalc doesn't insert the share and removes the share if it is already existing. Editing the record and saving it inserts the share.
For Custom objects both sharing rule recalc and Edit/Save do not insert shares at all. These behaviors are both incorrect.
1. Create a case record.
2. In the database or through workbench, change the case owner to Automated Process User.
3. Create a sharing rule on case that would match the criteria.
4. Case share is not inserted with rowcause rule.
5. Navigate to case record, edit and save with/without making any changes. Case share is inserted.
6. Perform recalc on Case sharing rules and the case share record is removed.
Manually edit/save the record to get the sharing rules to apply.
For custom object records, assign the records to an Owner other than Automated Process.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.