Users who do not have access to the lookup object will not see the entire Lightning component if the lookup field has a value
Last updated 2021-10-12 ·Reference W-7132824 ·Reported By 10 users
Users who do not have access to the record in a Lookup field are not able to view the entire Related Record component which includes that Lookup field.
This can be seen on any Objects. This example scenario will use Accounts and Contacts:
1) On Account, create a Lookup to Contact (call it "Primary Contact").
2) Create a Record Update Quick Action on Account. Include the example 'Primary Contact' field on the quick action layout.
3) Edit the Account Lightning Record Page, and add a Related Record component for the same record and using the Update Record action created in #2
4) Edit an Account and populate "Primary Contact"
5) Login as a user who does not have access to the Contact used in #4 and try to view the Account from #4
Result: The Related Record component gives an error "To access this information, ask your admin."
User can view the component if given view permission to view the record in the lookup field, or if the field is not populated.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.