Custom URL shortener applying incorrect shortener when publishing content
Last updated 2020-02-26 ·Reference W-7167683 ·Reported By 0 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Social January Release Patch 2.0
Issue in Publish where the default Bitly account we use to shorten links wasn’t using bddy.me — it was using bit.ly.
Customer impact is:
1) Any posts with links using our default shortener would use Bitly instead of bddy.me.
2) Clients using a custom shortener that’s registered in their workspace may be using the wrong custom short domain.
1. Create a Post in the SS Publish Calendar ensure that you pick the customers link shortener
2. Publish Post
3. Check the native Post and see that the shortened link switches to ‘bit.ly’ instead
1) Log into Bitly natively
2) Choose the account name in the top right hand corner
3) Drop it down and select "Profile Settings"
4) Select "Default API Group"
5) Make sure your company group is selected, for example we would choose Salesforce.
6) Go back to your where you select the account name in the top right hand corner
7) Select "Group Settings"
8) Select "Domain Default"
9) Ensure "bddy.me" is selected
Reported By (0)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.