Hyperlinks using instance url redirect to login page even when My Domain login policy is set to “Redirect to the same page within the domain” Work ID
Last updated 2020-05-30 ·Reference W-6991436 ·Reported By 5 users
Even when My Domain login policy is set to “Redirect to the same page within the domain”, hyperlinks using instance urls will redirect to the Salesforce login page when clicking the link.
- Clicking on the hyperlink correctly redirects to specified page.
- Clicking on the hyperlink redirects to the Salesforce login page.
1) Enable My Domain.
2) Set login policy to “Redirect to the same page within the domain”.
3) Create a new visualforce page called TestLink.
4) On the VF page create a hyperlink using <apex:outputLink> or the <a> element using an instance url.
5) Preview the VF page and click the link. Observe that you are redirected to the login page.
- Right-click on the link -> Copy Link Address -> Paste the link into a new tab on your browser.
- Update the link to use My Domain url.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.