System error occurs in Translation Workbench if "Layout Section" exists in a custom cbject that you set to "Protected"
Last updated 2021-10-12 ·Reference W-6998840 ·Reported By 11 users
If the custom object is specified as "Protected", this custom object will not be displayed in the subscriber org after package installation. This status is causing the system error because of attempting to translate a "protected" object.
1. Create a Developer Edition org(Developer Edition)
2. Confirm you have "Enable Feature Management for Packages"
3. Create a Custom Object -- (Setup-> Create-> Objects-> [New Custom Object])
--- Select [Only Apex code in the same namespace can see the type. The name of the type and record are visible if referenced for validation rules.]
4. Create [Section] in your new custom object Layout -- (Setup-> Create-> Objects-> Your Object-> Page Layouts).
5. Enable Translation Settings -- (Setup-> Translation Workbench-> Translation Settings-> [Enable])
6. Add [English] language -- (Setup-> Translation Workbench -> Translation Settings-> [Add])
7. Go to Translation Workbench -> Language: English -> Setup Component: [Layout Section]
~~ System error will occur.
None at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.