Salesforce mobile app 'Related List Quick Links' showing records for the first-viewed record until refreshed
Last updated 2020-01-04 ·Reference W-6753682 ·Reported By 0 users
When in the Salesforce app, the Related List Quick Links component shows records for the first-viewed record until refreshed. This affects all objects.
For example, if you access the Related List Quick Links (RLQL) on an Account record, then try to view other Account records after this will show the same RLQL container and viewing any Related Lists (RL) still shows related records from the previous Account.
Note: This is only seen when we use the new Mobile form factor with the Related List Quick Links component (there is no RL Quick Links component in the older mobile interface; just Related Lists)
Part 1: Enable the Mobile form factor
1. Create a new Permission Set, e.g. SF Mobile
2. Under System Permissions, enable 'New Salesforce Mobile App'
3. Assign this Permission Set to your test user
Part 2: Create LEX mobile layout using Lightning App Builder
1. Object Manager -> Account -> Lightning Record Pages -> create new -> click the dropdown to switch to the Phone layout -> add Record Detail and Related List Quick Links components
Ensure you have two or more Account records and take note of their respective related records, e.g. Contacts, Cases. Should have some in a fresh org. Compare to results shown in Desktop form factor in another tab.
In your Salesforce app or simulate a mobile device, e.g. iPhone, in a web browser (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000333307&type=1&mode=1)
1. From stage left, navigate to Account record home
2. View an Account record
3. Tap 'Related Quick Links' to show the RLQL container
4. Tap one or more related lists and make note of the records shown.
5. Now tap the back arrow (top left) twice to get back to Account record home
6. View a second (different) Account record
7. Tap 'Related Quick Links' to show the RLQL container once more
8. Drill in to some of the related lists on this record
9. Observe the results are the same as for the previously previous Account record
10. Tap the back arrow
11. Drag down to reload the Related List names and counts. Observe the changes
12. Drill in to the related lists again. Observe we now show different records.
You can use the standard Related Lists component to avoid the issue.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.