Error when accessing Community Record List component for custom objects when the API name is 12 characters and have '0' in the name
Last updated 2020-01-04 ·Reference W-6719377 ·Reported By 1 users
Community users will receive a series of three internal server errors when accessing the Record List page for a custom object. This is when the custom object API name is 12 characters in length and has a '0' as the fifth character.
1. Create a new custom object:
Plural Label: Tests
Object Name: test01_tests (we need the 5th character to be "0" and the number of characters to be 15 with "__c" added by default so there are 12 characters entered)
Enable "Allow Reports", "Allow Activities", and "Allow Search"
2. Create a new tab for this custom object
3. Now proceed to navigate to Setup > All Communities > Builder (Any community or create a new community)
4. Create object pages in builder for the Test object.
5. Add the Test object to the navigation menu.
6. Open the community in preview mode in a new tab.
7. Click "Test" on the Nav Menu.
The Test List page opens and throws the error.
The API name for the custom object would need to be renamed to omit the 0 or have the name contain less or more than 15 characters (when accounting for __c).
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.