LWC Lookups with Dependent Field Lookup Filters Having a Record Id Field Do Not Return any Results
Last updated 2022-08-09 ·Reference W-6572894 ·Reported By 37 users
Dependent lookup searches when performed during an inline edit in record home, do not return results even when searching for specific values that exist and meet the lookup filter criteria. It happens only when the lookup filter has a record ID field in the criteria.
1) Create a lookup field on Account object.
1a) Add custom field "Contact" as a lookup to contact.
1b) Add a lookup filter to Contact field as: "Account: Account ID EQUALS Contact: Account Name: Account ID".
2) Add "Contact" field to the Account page layout.
3) Create a new account named myAcct.
4) Create a new contact named John Doe and associate it to myAcct.
5) On myAcct record detail page, inline edit the "Contact" Field, When searching for contacts in the "Contact" lookup field, no results will return.
Remove dependent filter.
Use Edit mode instead of inline-edit
Reported By (37)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.