Custom Section/Fields are hidden on the Create User page in Lightning when enabling a Community User and "View Setup and Configuration" is not enabled
Last updated 2020-01-04 ·Reference W-6509554 ·Reported By 2 users
Custom Section/Fields are not shown on User Edit page when user attempts to enable a community user and the user profile does not have “View Setup and Configuration” enabled.
1. Update a user and grant them the "Manage External Users" permission.
2. Ensure that "View Setup and Configuration" is not turned on for the user.
3. On the User page layout add a new custom section and a custom field to that section.
4. Login as the user without View Setup and switch to Classic.
5. Navigate to a Contact and use the "Manage External User" button and choose the option to "Enable Customer User". Note the custom section created in step 3 is present.
6. Click cancel and then switch to Lightning Experience.
7. Navigate back to the contact and use the button to Enable the Customer User.
The custom section and field within it are hidden.
Use the Classic UI or enable "View Setup and Configuration" for the user either at the profile level or permission set.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.