Cannot use Data Binding to update Email Address in Update Contact Activity
Last updated 2019-09-13 ·Reference W-6531594 ·Reported By 4 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Messaging August 2019 Release Patch 7
When using an Update Contact Activity in Journey Builder and entering a data binding expression using mustache brackets to update an email data type field on a data extension, the activity configuration cannot be saved.
1. In Journey Builder, add the Update Contact Activity to the canvas in a draft Journey.
2. In the Update Contact Activity, select a data extension to be updated.
3. In Attribute Value, select an Attribute of the Email Address data type and attempt to add a value utilizing a data binding expression using mustache brackets. Notice the Summary button does not highlight and the activity cannot be saved.
1. While the Journey is still in draft mode, add an arbitrary email address to the value section of the Update Contact Activity for the email address data type data extension field.
2. Click Summary and Done to save the configuration.
3. Utilize the REST API PUT /interaction/v1/interactions route to update the arbitrary email address to the desired data binding expression.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.