LEX Email - Hyperlinks in Rich Text Area merge fields sent as plain text and images are dropped from the sent email.
Last updated 2019-12-06 ·Reference W-6488425 ·Reported By 10 users
LEX Email - Hyperlinks in Rich Text Area merge fields sent as plain text and images are dropped from the sent email
1. Create a Rich Text Area field under Case object
2. Open any case and add a hyperlink & an inline image to the above field
3. Click 'Email' action
4. Click on "Insert Merge Field" option available on the mail composer.
5. Select above Rich Text Area field, click 'Insert'
6. Click on "Preview Email" and make sure hyperlink and image from Rich Text field loaded properly
7. Click on 'Send' to send the email
Expected Result: Email should be sent along with proper hyperlink and image from Rich Text field to the recipient and the same should be available on the sent email record in Salesforce.
Actual Result: Hyperlink word sent as plain text (Ex: 'Apple') and image dropped from the sent email. The same behavior with email received at recipient mail client.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.