Users with no edit access see inconsistent behavior when performing edit action on mobile
Last updated 2019-10-12 ·Reference W-6172012 ·Reported By 0 users
A user with no entity edit access sees an error message the first time they try to edit a record on mobile. However, the second time they click the edit action, they are able to see the layout. When they perform a save they see an error saying they don't have access.
1) Create a custom object. Make it private read only using sharing settings.
2) Create a new user and assign it a new profile with View, Create, Edit and View All permissions for the custom object.
3) Create two "Public Groups" and add any Admin user to Group 1 and the newly created user to Group 2.
4) Create a sharing rule where records owned by Group1 is shared with members of Group2 with read access. Found under Sharing Settings
5) Create a record for the custom object using an admin.
6) Edit the record using the user with the cloned standard profile multiple times on mobile.
Although, the User is taken to Edit Layout. But, since the user doesn't have Edit access to the record, so they cannot Save the record and get an Insufficient Access error. As of now, we do not have a workaround.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.