Tableau CRM - Sharing svg images on Image Widgets causes exception and fails
Last updated 2021-10-12 ·Reference W-7544223 ·Reported By 1 users
When uploading a svg image into an Image Widget in a Tableau CRM dashboard, trying to share this dashboard will cause an Uncaught (in promise) error as the image preview is not able to display.
In a Tableau CRM enabled org:
1. From the App Launcher, open Analytics Studio
2. Create a new Blank Dashboard and drag and drop an Image Widget into it
3. Click on the Image widget in order to select an image
4. We can UPLOAD a new svg image or go to the GALLERY and select any svg image in there if available
5. Preview the dashboard and Share
6. We can notice the following error where the dashboard preview should display:
Unable to retrieve preview image
Use other type of images (ie. png) instead of svg for your Image widgets
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.