Bucket field grouping omitted from dashboard component when bucketed values contain a large number of characters
Last updated 2021-02-16 ·Reference W-6843312 ·Reported By 42 users
When a bucket field's bucketed values contain a large number of characters and the field is used as a grouping on a dashboard component, the field may be omitted from the chart after refreshing the dashboard.
The issue only affects source reports using custom report types.
1. Create a report using a custom report type.
2. Create a bucket field and add bucketed values with a large number of characters.
3. Group on the bucket field.
4. Save the report.
5. Create a new dashboard.
6. Add the new report to the dashboard.
7. Add the bucket field as a grouping.
8. Save the dashboard. Note that the bucket field is reflected accurately on the component.
9. Refresh the dashboard. Note that the bucket grouping disappears.
NOTE: The behavior described in step 9 may be apparent in a variety of ways: (1) a different grouped field being used within your dashboard component after a refresh, or (2) simply no results appearing within that component at all post refresh, or (3) an error message "The component can't be displayed because the source report failed to run"
Use a standard report type for the source report, or create a picklist field on the affected object to categorize records in lieu of a bucket field.
Reported By (42)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.