Einstein Analytics Connector times out retrieving Marketing Cloud Data Extensions
Last updated 2019-12-31 ·Reference W-6265730 ·Reported By 6 users
When using the Marketing Cloud Connector between Einstein Analytics and the Marketing Cloud, a time out can occur when you attempt to select your Connection to the Marketing Cloud.
1. Create an Installed Package in the Marketing Cloud (MC) at the Enterprise level, or a Business Unit with child Business Units
2. Create a Connection within Einstein Analytics (EA) using the above Installed Package
3. Move into Data Manager within EA and select Connect
4. Select the Connection you've set-up within EA
5. EA will attempt to call MC and return all Data Extensions from the MID and subsequent child MIDs
6. After 5 minutes, a timeout error will appear on screen like below
Timed-out waiting more than 300 seconds for Job ID: connector.ap8-app1-2-hnd.4PK04b_rCFgCoAHLZGERb-
Create an Installed Package in the Business Unit in the Marketing Cloud, not the Enterprise that is likely to have multiple child Business Units
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.