Omni-routed work can become stuck as Assigned and not reroute to other available agents.
Last updated 2021-05-26 ·Reference W-8435450 ·Reported By 92 users
When an available agent is assigned work and logs into Omni from another browser just at the same moment, that work may not be transferred to the new session. When this happens, the AgentWork record remains stuck in 'assigned', the work record itself remains owned by the agent, and the work will not reroute.
- Create an org with Omni enabled
- Configure Omni to route cases
- Configure an agent to accept cases from Omni
- Configure agent capacity to 3 (I think it's easier with higher numbers, but can happen with as low as 1 capacity)
- Open two windows to classic or lightning console and position them so you can quickly go online in Omni in one and then the other
- Put 3 cases in the Omni queue.
- Go online in one console, then as quickly as possible go online in the other console
- If you get the timing right, you'll see the work remains in the offline widget instead of being transferred to the online widget
- When this happens, the work is owned by the agent and does not return to queue or appear in the online Omni widget.
Customers should workaround this behavior by instructing agents not to log in to Omni from multiple browsers.
Note: This was previously closed but have been re-opened to work further on the issue as we're still observing the same behavior.
Reported By (92)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.