Cannot save Path when two fields with same label but unique API names are added as key fields in a Path
Last updated 2019-10-12 ·Reference W-6177796 ·Reported By 0 users
Error occurs when trying to save a custom field created in Salesforce and a custom from a managed package with the same label but unique API names as key fields in a Path. You will not be able to save path without removing one of the fields.
1) Create a custom field with label "Primary Contact" and API Name Primary_Contact__c on the Opportunity object
2) Install a managed package that contains a field with the same label and same API name excluding the namespace prefix (e.g. namespace__Primary_Contact__c)
3) Navigate to Setup>Path Settings
4) Select desired opportunity path
5) Select both Primary Contact fields as key fields on the first stage
6) Activate/Save path
Result: Error - “An error occurred while trying to update the record. Please try again. common.exception.ApiException: "namespace__Primary_Contact__c" field appears more than once in a Path Assistant Step Item for Opportunity”
Change the label of the non-package-related custom field
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.