Edit Record functionality in Contact Builder Data Extensions overwrites NULL values with empty string
Last updated 2022-05-24 ·Reference W-6265350 ·Reported By 4 users
When editing a record in Data Extensions within Contact Builder, if the record has any NULL values in any field these will be turned into empty strings when saved, even if the field in question is not edited.
1. Navigate to Contact Builder > Data Extensions > Create > create a DE with a field to remain NULL
2. Click into the DE > records > Add record > add a record leaving one field as NULL
3. Check the box next to the record
4. Click on Edit Record button
5. Click into a different field (not the one with the NULL value) and do not make any changes.
7. The field that was NULL is now saved as an empty string.
-Import a file containing the desired updates to the record into the data extension using the "Add & Update" option.
-Utilize the API to make the desired updates to the record in the data extension.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.