Links contained in the Community app launcher direct internal users to a Community URL instead of the actual app
Last updated 2019-09-07 ·Reference W-6118093 ·Reported By 2 users
App launcher in Lightning Community does not direct internal users to internal apps. Instead, it attempts to load the apps within the Community which loads the Salesforce Tabs plus Visualforce UI. This occurs when the Community uses a custom domain name in place of the Force.com standard URL.
1. Setup a Custom Domain URL for your Lightning Community.
2. Navigate to Setup > All Communities > Builder
3. Ensure the App Launcher is present int the Navigation Menu.
4. Publish the Community.
5. Access the published community and select the App Launcher.
6. Select any app within the launcher that takes you back to the internal org.
7. You will be taken to a Community URL with the app ID appended to the end of the address.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.