Duplicate sends happen for Android devices if the send has invalid APNS Cert
Last updated 2019-08-20 ·Reference W-5998593 ·Reported By 1 users
Fixed in version Marketing Cloud Release August 2019
If a send has an invalid APNS certification it will result in duplicate sending for Android devices.
Steps to recreate :
1) Create a push app with invalid APNS cert
2) Perform an audience based send to the app with both Apple & Android devices in it
3) Auto-Retry/Auto-Resume logic will kick in once the Apple device's batch fails for invalid cert
1. Customer creates a filtered list
2. Applies filter on "Application" equal to the app in question
3. Adds Platform equal to "iPhone OS"
4. Publish filter
5. Export the filter results
6. Update the status column of the exported file to "Inactive"
7. Import the file back into all contacts
This will set the contacts to an unsubscribed status during the compile step of the send.
Reported By (1)
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.